Sunday 16 May 2010

A little bit of 'Me' time

That's sometimes all a Mum needs.
That's what I needed on Wednesday early evening.
Me, a bath full of bubbles and my book.

I've scrapped about it using this Twisted Sketches Sketch. This twist is 'Colour'.
I've used colour in various forms, card stock. patterned papers, 2 types of spray mists and chipboard too.



The photo was taken in Florida whilst on holiday this year.
I've used my new Studio Calico Kit, with a piece of Basic Grey Basics as my background.
And yet again that new border punch has come in handy again. I need more of these.



(Click piccie to read journaling)


Enjoying the weekend.Although yesterday I didn't feel right. Just hazy, achey and odd. I even had an afternoon siesta, which is unheard of for me. I feel much better today thankfully. We've had a lovely family breakfast, I've watched Sarah-Jane Adventures with Hollie and Hollie and I have been pottering in my studio. She's making the most amazing layered flowers. She's come up with a fab technique for the centres.
I found out something exciting last night.
I won the Cocoa Daisy 'Queen of the Crop'. Take a look here.
I was surprised just to be nominated, so to win was 'wow'.
Thank you to those who voted for me.

Right, Hollie has her hands on my glossy accents, I think this is time for me to go.
Happy Sunday xx

5 comments:

Pink Blossom Creations said...

Love this layout Lisa, it's so true when you have children, whatever their age lol.
Well done on being Queen of crop, your layouts are brilliant
Caroline x

Nickynoo said...

You so deserve your title, ma'am!! Your gorgeous page made me LOL, I've had bath experiences like that too! xx

Nancy said...

Bravo to you on the win! just checked out all of your winning layouts...and you are soooo deserving!!! Great job on this latest twisted sketch! I totally agree about the "me" time for mommies...that is the only thing that keeps me sane! :) I get Tuesday nights all to myself thanx to my dear husband! I lock myself in my scraproom or go shopping or just sit in a bookstore...it's HEAVEN for me!

Sue said...

sounds like my bath time

not that I have ANY photos - you are brave !!!

Star Rork said...

What a funny layout! love your journaling, the misting is fantastic. Congrats Queen & Thanks for playing at Twisted Sketches!