Saturday 8 May 2010

Pumpkin Cake and a mini 'know-how'

I quite like it when it's a grey rainy day. I've been home alone this morning and that just makes perfect for a gulit free scrap time.

I decided recently that I was going to start an album just for my favourite recipes. I just love cooking and baking so much, so combining that with scrapping seems to make sense. I have a spare A4 D ring A.C. album, so I'm off to a good start.
My most favourite thing to bake (and eat) is this Pumpkin Cake.
I found this recipe last year on another scrappers blog (I can't remember who's though) and have adapted it to my taste. There were quite a few other spices added, which I've removed, but I have upped the amount of ginger.

Here's the sketch that got me started:
Twisted Sketches. This weeks twist being 'Handmade'.





Here are the ingredients if you want to give it a go.
Pumpkin (tinned) by the way can be bought in Waitrose in the tinned fruit section(in the UK). But it does only come in at Halloween. I tend to buy up in bulk when it comes in. - Click the photos for a close up to read better.



And how to make:
Ultra easy and ultra quick.



I wanted to show how I make my coffee ring stains too. I love this little look. I know you can buy stamps for this effect, but making your own is so much more fun.

Grab some instant and add a small amount of water (cold will do) and mix. The more diluted the coffee is,the paler it will be. Place your mug into the mixture.



And then set onto your page where you would like the coffee ring to show.
And then leave to dry.
Don't make it too wet otherwise your page will warp. Be warned of this if using thin papers.



Now should I carry on scrapping or should I work?????

9 comments:

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

Fab LO and luv your handmade coffee stains... very effective!

Fabi Ormerod said...

wow...you and your fun ideas, loved it Lisa!!! Kisses and congrats for tomorrow (mother´s day in Brazil!)

Steph said...

Great idea and a fab LO.

Also I can tell everyone the pumpkin cake is AMAZING!!!!!!

Candace said...

LO is great and that cake looks yum! Pity not pumpkin season

Janet's Joy said...

Thanks for playing at Twisted Sketches! Love your page and I will be trying that recipe!

Nickynoo said...

Great idea for am album Lis. I love your mug!! :o)

Anne said...

If you want to bring some home made cake for me to taste every friday afternoon, please don't let me stop you !
I love your blog, you are really, truly gifted !!
Anne

Irini said...

love the coffee stain idea fabulous!

Jinny Newlin said...

This is awesome! I'll be trying it soon! Thanks for sharing!