Saturday 12 June 2010

Mixing Fabric and Paper

Weekend again. Yay!!!!

So, whilst Ade watched the footy (oooohhhhh my Studio Calico just arrived!!!)
I scrapped this one. I've been meaning to do this all week and knew exactly what I wanted to do, so it came together really quickly.

On the Studio Calico blog this week, they are mixing fabrics with papers. I love creating different textures, so I've been wanting to play along with this.
(click photo_


I took a piece of thin cotton, scrunched it up and spray misted.
I also used these American Crafts flowers. I have a couple of packs and didn't think I would use them. The colours really weren't me, so instead I've turned to the white backs and spray misted with 2 types of brown and also blue. Each layer wiping with a baby wipe and kept repeating this.
I love how they've dried, almost metallic like because of the glimmer in the mists.




I love this photo of Hollie. She's so like me in so many ways.



We are off to the cinema this morning and then meeting up with the inlaws after for pizza. mmmmmm I love Pizza Express. I have the same everytime goats cheese and sundried tomatoes. Yum!

But first, I'm going to go and open my lovely new kit. For a moment then, I forgot about it waiting to be opened : )

xxx

4 comments:

Kazzy said...

Great colours in this LO Lisa, it's really lovely.

Happy playing with your new kit! Just waiting for my June scrapagogo kit to arrive!

Nickynoo said...

Another FAB page Mrs, I love how those flowers have turned out, you are so very inventive! x

Jennifer Grace said...

Those flowers look gorgeous, well done for experimenting! great page.

airing cupboard crafts said...

Love the LO the experimenting certainly paid off it looks fab xx