Tuesday 3 August 2010

Colour

Colour for me changes everything. The way I feel, my moods. I need bright colours to make me feel happy. For example, I hate staying in a hotel no matter how grande if the room is dark. Dark 4 posters really aren't my thing, they just make me feel down. Light and airy lifts my mood no end.

Have you visited The Color Room?
I love this challenge site. It's been going for a little while now and has the most beautiful colour palettes every week. To decide on my colours before starting a page really works for me and is often how my planning starts.
Seeing his weeks though, I wasn't so sure this colour combo was for me.



That's what I like about these colour challenges though. I thought I'd see what I had matching and pulled out some old My Minds Eye - Laundry Line papers and ended up creating this yesterday (whilst I had all those little boys over playing. Which I will just add was a great success. 5 little boys playing footy, lego, writing comics and watching Jurassic Park for 5 hours. That was 5 hours of crafting for Hollie and I)



As much as Hollie hates this photo, I think it's beautiful. Ade took it during our picnic last week. I've used 3 mists & 2 types of paint. The laundry line papers. The large flower was misted too and some Bo Bunny Rubons added.



I've also got these cards to show you today. I made these for the Papermaze blog.
You can view the sketch I made to get them started, details of how they were made, along with the materials I used here.










Lots of Love xxx

9 comments:

Ольга Голуб said...

beautifully!

Anna said...

Absolutely gorgeous Lisa, a really special layout. Those cards are lovely too!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Lisa!! that lo is JUST GORGEOUS and I love love love love love the cards! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Martine said...

That LO is amazing!! LOVE it!!

Fay aka Beautifullily said...

Lovely colours and such a pretty photo. Fabby cards!

Diana Fisher said...

Amazing page and super cute cards!!!

Anne said...

Hi from rainy Brittany. I love the picture of Hollie, she suddenly looks so grown up. Since the weather isn't so nice, my mother has taken the challenge of teaching me embroidery. I am far from being an expert yet but I have already tried my new skills on a scrapbook page and I am quite proud of myself !!
Lots of love
Anne

Nickynoo said...

Bee-yoo-tiful page, my dear :o) xx

Carin McDonough said...

Beautiful layout, love the softness of it and gorgeous cards! :)