Saturday 14 August 2010

Picnic Weather...no way!!!

Sorry, did someone say it's August?????
Could have fooled me. Right this very moment the word 'rain' doesn't even describe what's going on out there. It's so so heavy.

Good job there's lots going on in the scrap world right now.
Shimelle is having a crop weekend. A new challenge every couple of hours.
Take a look here.



I started off last night with a black and white photo challenge.
Use BLACK AND WHITE PHOTOS.
So during Big Brother last night, I made this on the sofa.
(click on the pic)



Hollie took these photo during our recent Windsor picnic. I love natural photos. Sometimes it;s great leaving the kids loose with a camera. You never know what you'll find.



These are scraps from the Cocoa Daisy July kit. This kit just keeps going and going.



The Big Idea Festival kicked off just a couple of days ago over at Big Picture Scrapbooking. It's free and seems like it's going to be fun joining in.



The first LO (yesterday) was to start with 'I Learn....'
After thinking through for a while I thought about how I'm bring up my children and why I do the things I do and why I have the rules I have.
It's all based on how I was brought up. A mixture of what I liked what my parents did and quite a lot of things I disagree with.
(click on the pic)







I really enjoyed making this quick LO.
It's really simple to do.
Grab an old piece of 12x12 card stock that you aren't very fond of. Cut 4 equal strips and lay on your 12x12 card stock that you are fond of : ) Like this.
and then spray some glimmer mist on in one colour.



Next take some form of mask.
I've used 3 little die cut flowers and 2 hand cut clouds.
Lay them on your base and using a different colour mist this time spray over again.



Then remove your masks and you are left with your base.



I think I'm going to print off some piccies now for the next Shimelle challenge I'm planning on doing. Scrapping with squares.

Let me know if you are joining in with either of these xxx

8 comments:

Fay aka Beautifullily said...

Definitely not picnic weather!

Love both your LOs, was going to do the square one but not inspired, have ben distracted by sewing, but going to do the sketch one in a mo.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwwwwwww!!! these are GORGEOUS Lisa!! You soooooooooooooooo ROCK the masking! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Amanda Jones said...

Love both the layouts... but the best bit? That awesome 80s photo :) Did anyone NOT own an outfit in that blue colour in the 80s? x

Valerie said...

Great layouts Lisa!!

Lynnda said...

wow... The LOs are gorgeous... the photos too.... love it Lisa... thanks for sharing...

Emma said...

Just catching up on all the blog posts I've missed in the last week, as always love all your Los, and massive congrats on Cocoa Daisy!! They are lucky to have you though, you do amazing things with their kits!

Jennifer Grace said...

Love the layouts, the picnic one is fab, I'm so impressed your daughter took those photos, and that you scrapped it on the sofa. I can't scrap without my whole stash within reach!

I have been joining in lots of shimelle's challenges, and I've done the black and white photos one too - you can see it here:

http://jennifersjumbles.blogspot.com/2010/08/hair-and-shoes.html

Steph said...

Love Love Love the masked LO, hope you don't mind but I have sort of lifed it :)

You are and inspiration as always