Wednesday 29 September 2010

Mini Book and New Kitchen



Good Morning,
Lots to share today.
Starting with this little project that I made using the September Cocoa Daisy Kit.
I loved making this latest Mini Book. What I loved most of all was how easy it all came together.



ABC OF OUR FAMILY.
Full details on how it was made are on the Cocoa Daisy Blog here.



And now onto my newly painted kitchen. Yay!!
I'd painted it about 7 years ago a combination of a minty green and a lilac with the wall where my range cooker is a very dark purple. It seemed like a good idea at the time. But it was so dark and over the years Ade and I seem to be collecting pale pink and blue accessories, crockery etc. So it's now all white (with the exception of 1 pink wall) and now all our pink and blue goes perfectly.



This is my favourite part, where I keep my coffee maker : )
(above)



The kitchen is L shaped, we had it knocked through a few years ago.



On the right by the back door is my studio : )
So easy to pop in and out of here and where I spend most of my life.
(photo above)





And the pink wall which reminds me of strawberry milkshake.
Where I keep my favourite recipe canvases. Very Handy.



So, I am very happy. This has lead to me sorting the understairs cupboard yesterday, Ade's junk food cupboard (which if I had my way would be used for something else) and now I'm about to attack the studio, starting with sorting paperwork. Yuk!! I would rather iron I destest it that much. Still, I will feel better when it's done.

xxx

11 comments:

AnnaB said...

Wow, you've been working so hard with the painting! It looks great! And even though I know it won't happen, I'm going to say this: this makes me want to paint too... =)

Amanda Jones said...

Great paint job :) Love those recipe canvases, too! xx

Marie/Mison said...

Such a great space you have! White is always looking good. Good job on the painting!

Karen leonard said...

what an amazing mini book...such a lot of work! lovely .

yyam said...

Love the mini album! :)

Nothing like a good paint job to "refresh" a room eh? I actually love to paint rooms. My sister says I enjoy the paint smell...haha...Walls are okay...ceiling drive me crazy though...instant neck ache! :)

Nickynoo said...

I see you tidied up for the photos *wink*.... Just kidding, it's looking fab, so fresh. You already know I love that mini book xx

Fay aka Beautifullily said...

You kitchen looks great especially with your wonderful works of art hanging up.

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

Brilliant album! Kitchen looks lovely and even better with your creations for all to admire!

Valerie said...

First, love that mini - I think I'm going to lift that idea if you don't mind!
Second - your kitchen is beautiful and I love those recipe canvases! Another idea I might need to 'be inspired' by :) Great work Lisa!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that mini...and YOUR KITCHEN is STUNNING Lisa!! LOVE IT! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Ronda Palazzari said...

you are on a roll with painting!!! it looks beautiful. I am going to try to tackle some painting this weekend!