Friday 25 March 2011

I'm Over the Moon

Oh yes I am : )

I received the most beautiful box of goodies from Fancy Pants last night. I say last night, it was just before 6pm. Thankfully dinner was done so I could nicely lay everything out to admire. Birthday and Christmas x10 all rolled into one, I'm telling you.

So the first collection I picked out to play with would have been my least fave if I had have been asked. 'To the Moon'. But this page came together on the lounge floor in super quick time.

(click photos to enlarge)



So the way to make a quick page, lisa style.
Grab papers and embellishments, put to one side.
Print photos.
Splatter paints and inks and mists, leave to dry and go do something else.
In my case last night, I sorted the kids for bed.
Come back to the page after having had time away and now have the ideas in my head.
Lay it out and stick into place. Et voila!!!!
Easy peasy.



I'm loving all the journal embellishments in these collections. The ooze quality. Lovely to use. And the rub-ons are fab. Very easy to use. I've just used my thumb nail to stick them down, they come off so easily and together. I can't stand using rub-ons that split and don't come off properly.



And here's my little man licking the bowl after making Red Velvet Cupcakes. He knows you see, if he helps bake, he gets to lick the bowl. Not silly my boy.



So I'm a happy bunny, lots of beautiful stash to play with and the sun is shining and it's nearly weekend. So much joy : )
Thankfully the sniffles have almost gone, I can't believe how tired it's made me feel this week though. I've been struggling to get up in the mornings which is so unlike me.

I hope you have a lovely weekend.
I must get back on track with everything next week, I've got so behind with blog reading this week. I've really missed my early morning starts.
Have a fun one and thanks for stopping by xxx

12 comments:

AnnaB said...

Oh yay...! It's such a cool layout! I wish I could have been there to watch when you opened that box! :) I'm glad you're feeling better!

Fay aka Beautifullily said...

You make it sound do easy!! Enjoy your weekend x

Diana Fisher said...

This page is fab!! I just love how vibrant it is!!! :)

Emma said...

Ha that would still take me 2-3 hours, it never feels like I am taking forever though!

Cool LO, love the bright blue background.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is sooooooooooooooooooooo beautiful Lisa! i loveeeeeeeeee the paint and loving the stars! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Sue said...

How do u do it so quickly and so brilliantly

Have a great week end

heidi said...

I love what you did with the pictures. I think I'm just going to copy everything you do. You don't mind, do you? JK!!! LOL!!!

Lynnda said...

Woohooo Such a Fab layout Lisa...as usual... me loving the blue...and great photos too...hugs...xoxo

Kim Sonksen said...

That is one gorgeous layout Lisa. I hear ya on the Rub Ons which require a sledgehammer-method to get them on paper. Fancy Pants' have always been super cool to use.
Thank for stopping by my blog and I am glad to hear you're getting over the sniffles

Annemieke said...

I love the cute photo's!!
the LO is gergeous! love the paper.
Annemieke

Antonia Krajicek {Green Horned Unicorn} said...

Your layout certainly doesn't look easy peasy, but I'll trust you on that! This is gorgeous...the white paint with darker colors makes the entire layout pop!

Vicky Varvadouka said...

You make it sound so easy...I wish I could do that also...I love your style and I want to incorporate mists and paints to my shabby chic style...I am currently working on my layout for the Scrappiest DT...I will post it Monday night...I would appreciate your opinion (I took a brush and just threw paint around,lol)...! Thanks for the inspiration!!!!!! You rock!