Friday 5 August 2011

Something Old, Something New

Good Morning Blogland!!
The sun is shining, please may it do so all day.

Today I wanted to share a very new kind of hobby.
It's early days and I still feel a little unsure about it all.
It's thrifting.
Unfortunately we don't have any trendy cool thrifty stores around here.
What I would do to have somewhere like Elsie's Red Velvet Store around here.
But no we have the likes of Sue Ryder, British Heart Foundation Charity Shops.
Really not in the same league....AT ALL!!!
But I want to find fun things to transform.
So here's my recent findings.
Yesterday we were in a local town on the way home and I stopped for rabbit/guinea pig food. We pulled up outside a thrift store and was really drawn inside. It was so pretty. They actually had lovely things in there. Hollie seems to have a natural ability to this and seems to find the best stuff. Like this glass cake stand.
I have a thing for cake stands. This was only £3.50!! We also got some fab hardbacked books yesterday for art journals.



I recently bought this hand stitched tablecloth on Ebay with loads of pretty cotton doilees.
And I love this yarn. It's so big. I decided to use it as a door stop in the kitchen. A bargain at £3. Think of all the crafting I can do with that!!

So there you go. My new thifting hobby.
I just wish the feeling of ''I hope no one I know can see me'' would go away.
Some of my scrappy friends though seem to find the most amazing things and that's whats got me so inspired.
Anja for example. The longer I work alongside Anja at Cocoa Daisy the more this girl inpsires me. Look at her bedroom. I love this!
And this blogpost from Audrey. I love those baskets.


Now for something new.
This is brand new, but all I can tell you right now is this.

Need a fun new place to share your creative talents? Well, there's a BRAND NEW challenge site launching next week that will stand out from the crowd. There will be contests that will stretch your design imagination, a super cool design team, fabulous prizes, and much more. You don't want to miss this one! Tell your friends and be prepared for some CRAFTY FUN!

You will find out more next week : )

Now a day at home for us today.
I have so much work to do and we haven't had a day at home with nothing planned since last week.
Hollie and I started art journals last night so we need to work on those more too.
A very lengthy but fun project.

I will be back later with some pretty art.
See you then xxxxx

4 comments:

Emma said...

I think that makes a very pretty unique doorstop! love it, although in this house it would get grubby very quickly. Good luck with your thrifting, thats a nice cake stand.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeee your finds!! And no worries about shopping in those places...I think its AWESOME when I see the parking lot FULL in front of those stores!! ! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Anne said...

Call them Charity shops !! Welcome to the club !!

Anonymous said...

such lovely treasure..esp love that cake stand..what a great find! :) x