Sunday 14 August 2011

Weekend Creations

I love weekends like these.
Nothing major planned.
Spending time together as a family.
Seeing friends, baking and making.

I'm trying to make a little more time for my own scrapping. Not just DT scrapping.
So I saw this challenge at Sassfras and decided to play along. Use at least 3 different types of Sassafras alphas on the one page.
(click to enlarge)




A great way to use up some of my Sassafras stash, I have so much and I love these alphas sooooooo much. The perfect size. My Dad is due over from the States on the 26th and I have sent a package to him full of loads of these fpr him to bring over : )

I love this pic of Millie my neice. We'd just arrived at legoland earlier this month and she'd been asleep in the car. We wanted to see how tall she was before we entered the park. She really doesn't look impressed : )


I've layered up a whole combo of collections here.



These blues and oranges are such a happy combo I think.



And then yesterday I made these.
They have to be my most sucessful cupcakes to date.
Strawberry lemonade cupcakes. Don't they look so pretty??!!
I wanted to create something strawberryish and found inspiration on pinterest and then did my own thing.
I used the hummingbird lemon cupcake recipe.
Then made up my own frosting. I squished 3 strawberries through a sieve to make a puree. Then whipped up fresh cream with icing sugar til it was very thick. Folded in the puree and the decorated with a icing bag.
We took them to friends last night : )


Today was an early start (after a late night at friends) we had tabletennis booked at 9am for the 4 of us at the health club.

Now Hollie and I have been reating in the studio.
Hollie has been working on this art journal. I love how she's so into it.




We plan to watch a film together in a bit and a goulashy beef stew is in the crock which according to Louis is disgusting when he tried some : )

I love weekends like these.
What have you been up to?

xxx


9 comments:

Antonia Krajicek {Green Horned Unicorn} said...

Gorgeous layout! I love all the little bits you cut out and added. Isn't Sassafras the best?

It's only breakfast time here, but I certainly could go for one of those cupcakes about now :)

Fay aka Beautifullily said...

OMG those cupcakes again - just fab!

I love your LO such summery and warm colours, makes me smile just looking at it.

Lou said...

lovely bright layout, love all the detail and those cupcakes look delish!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeee that lo! LOVING the colors and the banner!! And LOVING her journal!!

Ohhhhhhh and PS... yummy cupcakes! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Lynnda said...

OMG !!! you are not helping me Lisa...those cupcakes so yummylicious...!!!
I love your LO ...Its Gorgeous...vivid colors too..cheer up my Monday.... hugs...xoxo

Denise said...

stunning Lisa. so glad you had a nice relaxing weekend.

Kim said...

way cool Lisa, this is so fabulous, your trademark msiting mixed in with those yummy embellies and that cool design!

Annemieke said...

Gorgeous lo!! love the flags and the butterfly!
The cupcake look delicious..!! And what i can see on the photo youre craftspace..Love it!!
Annemieke

Audrey Pettit said...

Sounds like an amazing weekend, indeed. I so love all the special time they give you to do fun things and just hang out. Love, love, love your Sass layout. That is just stunning! And ohmyword.....I want those cupcakes. :)