Wednesday 1 August 2012

Love to Travel - Cocoa Daisy

So, did you grab a kit this month???

The Cocoa Daisy kits sold out again super fast this month.
So did alot of the addons.

I made this LO here using my main kit all about my love of travel.
(click to enlarge)



That MME circular card was perfect for my title.
I love the orange and grey combo.



I used Maya mists for my drips and the Maya ink from the main kit.
The stamps are fab again this month!! That camera is adorable.



I have to say I love the Maya inks. They ink so well. I ran it around the edges of my page and they just feel so moist and full of ink. The sponge is quite soft compared to alot of ink pads which make it very easy to inks the edges. I need more colours : )


The story behind this LO.
I've said it here before. I just love to travel. It's something I really miss from my pre-kids days. I've still been fortunate enough to go on some nice holidays whilst having the kids, but it's a different kind of travel, isn't it?!

I'm seriously considering going to CHA in LA in January with my Cocoa Daisy teamies.
I REALLY want to go. Quite a few of the team will be there.
When will I get the opportunity to meet so many of them like this???
Ade used to work just 20mins south of Anaheim, before we were together. So we thought he could come and work in the office whilst I'm with the girls, but we'd stay on extra and make a 'mini-moon' out of it. Apart from a night in Barcelona, we've never been away without the kids.

My first dilema: The Kids
Can I leave them for the week?
I'm so scared that I will get close to the time and not be able to go through with it.
I feel guilty about us doing this without them.
We wouldn't do Disneyland, but I would still feel guilty.
Plus they are away this week and Hollie is missing us and home.

My second dilema: Timing
We have an Orlando trip not too long before.
Financially, it's not the best time : )
I don't want to do a trip like this and worry about the cash flow.
And at the same time I don't want to hold back on Orlando.
We've saved hard and have lots of exciting things planned.
I don't want to cut back on that trip.


Oh what to do??????
Decisions.....Decisions.....

We have friends coming over for dinner tonight.
I started prepping last night.
I've planned an Indian / Thai infused menu.
I hope it all goes to plan.
The curry is made as is the keylime pie.
I'm planning on a few new recipes today that I haven't tried before.
Could be interesting : )

Well, have a lovely day and thanks for stopping by xxx

5 comments:

Dolly B said...

Love your layout . That camera is adorable.
Hope your plans workout to go to CHA, its a juggle sometimes for everything to work

Cheers
Mary

yyam said...

Oh wow! Just love your layout Lisa! Love the inking, the use of punches at the edges and the awesome journaling! :)

Lynnda said...

Gorgeous layout Lisa...and I've been eyeing on the that punch too...hmmm... decision never easy...I hope you made a wise one... hugs...xoxo

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wellllllllllll you know I am going to be selfish and say GO TO CHA!!!!!! But that's because I want to meet you!!!! :) I have gone for three years now... and yeah.. I miss Adam and Brookie... but I like to get away and just be me too!! Of course, half of the CHA attendees always get mad/disappointed when they just meet ME....and NOT Brookie! LOL!!! :)

I loveeeeeeeeeeeee your lo!! LOVING the camera and the paint!!! GORGEOUS!!!!

Mel said...

I think a trip just the two of you would be great. We had a big blowout trip to California last summer and it was fab and so full of happy memories and pics to scrap. So we cut into our 'house' funs but life's too short I say! But then I don't have a mortgage of kids so I can be more reckless! x