Tuesday 2 October 2012

Family History on Osney Island

Hello,

Each year when my Dad visits from USA we take a trip back to our home town Oxford. We drive to Oxford and take a double decker bus from the Park and Ride. The kids love this bit and always rush to the top at the front. Such a novelty to go on a bus : )

We drive past a little Island on the way in. Osney Island. The link is here for you to see. I've known for years that this is where my little Nanny grew up and I know the story of her meeting my Bamppy at a dance on Christmas Eve, but I can't remember ever going on the Island.
So this time Dad took us for a little drive.
We pulled up outside the house where my Mum grew up.
This house here.


Just a few doors down is where my little Nanny grew up as a child and lived with her family.
The roads are so tiny and so are the houses. They had such big families. It's amazing how so many could all live under the one roof. The island is surrounded by the River Thames and Nanny used to swim in there as a child. It was really hard to imagine them as kids playing on this road.
It was lovely to visit, I'm so glad Dad took us here.



I used my October Cocoa Daisy kit for this LO.
I used some Amy Tangerine Embellies from the Trailhead addon.






I used my JB Paint Dabbers for the background.
It's been a while since I used them



 I plan to scrap some more this afternoon.
My friend Anne is popping over, she's making her new baby's mobile whilst I play with papers.
Sounds like a perfect afternoon.

I went to a friends for dinner last night with another friend.
It was really good to catch up. Now the kids are getting older we see less and less of each other.
But it was a late one and I'm soooooo tired today. Worth it though.

Lots of love xxx


3 comments:

Kim said...

I am loving that circle/arrow element on your page Lisa!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Gorgeous!!!! LOVING the colors, the paint and the big circle!!!!

Lynnda said...

As always .... your layout is stunning!!!... I love it....loving the layering ...that arrow/circle too... hugs...xoxo