Friday 8 February 2013

Breath...and start again

That's what I need to do this morning.
Things haven't gone to plan.
I missed an appointment yesterday, I thought it was for today and now I'm feeling rubbish.
I'm having one of those 'bad mother moments'. I had an evening out on Wednesday. I got taken to a spa by a lovely friend and had the most awful migraine : ( 
I seem to rush around, work long hours running my own business, keep a clean tidy house, make nice meals with  home baking inbetween, have the kid's friends over. .... I'm trying to be the perfect mother, wife, friend and business woman. I don't think it's possible to be perfect at everything. As much as I would like and try to.

So I've taken a deep breath this morning, made a latte, toasted a hot cross bun amd I'm going to strat all over again.

I did make a couple of LO's that I'm so happy with yesterday afternoon.
I had some gorgeous goodies this week from Chic Tags and a lovely box from Papermaze too with loads of Pink Paislee - Secret Crush. I had the LO's on the side of my desk and I've been laying bits here and there and swapping over these past couple of days. So yesterday I finally stuck it all in place and that felt good. I haven't had so much scrappy time this week.

Today though I'm going to dream of our 'happy place' and that is Orlando.
We are planning on an Oct 2014 visit and my heart just flutters thinking about it. It's just over 3mth since we've been back and that's all we talk about.
We love this place.
Here is a LO that I made for the magazine SCRAP365 some time ago.


At the resort where we stay there's a really quiet kiddie play area. We often start our day by wandering here with a mug of tea and some books. There's a play frame/slide, kiddie splash pool, loungers and this fab gazebo. And we've never seen anyone else in this spot : )
It's a lovely start to the day.


I dug out some old foam stamps for this page and made my own title. I stamped with paint on to white card stock and cut out once dry leaving a white edge. I used the Fancy Pants collection 'back to school'.

**sigh** how we love this place.

Right back to reality and back to work now : )
I'm teaching and cropping tomorrow near me and I can not wait.
It's such a lovely group of ladies and I'm taking a good friend along too, so even better and my sweet friend Anne has had her baby and both will be coming.
It's going to be a good weekend.

Hope you have a lovely weekend too.
Lots of love xxx

8 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

{{{hugs}}} Lisa ... it's never easy...I am the same way -- i am a perfectionist to a "T" -- and it's hard to except the littlest bit of failure ... so I get it :)

I loveeeeeee your lo! PRECIOUS photo and loveeeeeeeee the colors and the alpha background!!!

Ashley Calder said...

Great page! Love that stamped title!! And the blue in the background is really nice. :)

Mel said...

Yes I can imagine as women we always wanna be prefect but there is too much expectation on us! I like the comnbo of red and turquoise!

Fay aka Beautifullily said...

I feel your pain! Have had to go to our office every day this week and that time out of the house and had such an upset to everything I normally try to achieve. I really don't think you can be perfect at everything but to just try your best x

Lynnda said...

Hugs Lisa... I exactly know how it feels... Im just like YOU!!!... so i get it too....


Love love your beautiful & precious layout!!!

hugs...xoxo

Ronda said...

Lovely Lisa, ditto. I have had one of those weeks myself, that perfectionism thing... sometimes I think it is a curse, especially when the headaches come. Glad you stopped to Breathe, hope to meet you soon :) Love the layouts, love that you are already planning another trip to a place that your family looks forward to and associates with the word happy!

Kim said...

its good justto stop and take a step back some times....do that...fab as always with the layout love your letters especially!

Anne said...

Sorry I didn't bring the baby, you will have to find an excuse, leave your busy life behind and come round for a cup of tea!!
Thank you for a lovely class on Saturday. XXX