Thursday 15 August 2013

Summer

Does anyone else here struggle to keep up with everything in the summer?
Life just becomes so busy with the kids being off school and all the various activities going on.

We thought it would be fun to show some summer LO's over at Cocoa Daisy this week. A group of us got together and I put a blog post together here.
There are several LO's and a mini book too. Please check it out. There's so much inspiration within that one blog post. I love seeing all the different scrap styles together.

I chose a photo I'd taken of Hollie at the start of the summer break.
She wanted to dye her hair blue, so we compromised and she had some blue flashes put in instead. The idea being that after the 6 weeks they would have faded ready for the start of school again.

   
 
I used the '80 Days' kit along with the 'Hong Kong' addon.
I made the striped flag from the Fancy Pants packaging, made a couple of holes in the top and threaded the wired ribbon from the main kit through.
 
 
It was really fun to make : )
 
We took the kids in to London yesterday to see Phantom of the Opera.
 
 
I was nervous as to whether they would enjoy it. I wanted them to experience something so different as to what they have seen so far. I used to take Hollie to the theatre quite a lot. She first went when she was 5. We took her to see Lion King in London. She's also been to various local theatres and always enjoyed it. We've taken Louis along too a couple of times. We were lucky one year and got front seats to see Chitty Chitty Bang Bang in Woking. That was so good. But Louis is a fidget and moans a lot. He did so well yesterday though and said he enjoyed it. I did feel sorry for the people around us though. He barely sat still. I had to keep holding his rocking leg still, he kept cuddling me, sliding off his booster seat (which we ditched in the second half) he was hot, he was cold, he suddenly got hayfever????  he felt claustrophobic, was hungry, was thirsty....you name it, he was it. But he did enjoy it and I helped him follow the story. He was surprised that it was actually them singing.
Hollie was just in awe of the whole thing, the place, the music, everything.
I'm glad we did it.
It was fun taking the train in to London too. I don't know why we don't do it more often.
50mins and we were there and 15min walk from the train to the theatre, as easy as that. We got there an hour early so wandered in to Picadilly, did the Trocadero and grabbed kfc.
It was really fun and at 10.40am Hollie is still asleep : ) I must go and wake her.
Here's a selfie we took on the train.
 
 
      Now in to complete contrast, next week we are going to see Green Day. The kids first rock concert. How cool. They announced a surprise gig just this week at a really small venue and we were lucky enough to get 4 tickets, can't wait : ) 
 
I hope you are having a good summer.
It just always seems to go by so fast.
xx hugs xx 
 
 

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Your lo is gorgeous!! I love love love the paint and the chevron ribbon!! And loveeeeeeeeeee the photos from your day in London! Glad they liked the play!!!

Mel said...

I love going to the theatre and loved Phantom of the Opera. However when I took the husband to see The SOund of Music he fell asleep halfway through! He did enjoy Matilda though! I am glad you are taking your kids for cultural experiences - we loved days out in London with mom when we were younger!

Kim said...

wow how DIFFERENT is this, I love it!

Ronda said...

Wow Lisa, your daughter is looking more and more like her mum everyday :) Lovely photo of the two of you and thanks for sharing your special day with them at the opera. I look forward to reading your story about the Greenday concert!

Clare Lloyd said...

Fabulous layout.

Denise said...

Love that photo of you and Hollie.
Hope you are enjoying this family time.
Looks like you are having lots of fun.

Denise said...

Oh and so happy about OLW!!!!!