Wednesday 2 April 2014

Choosing Photos, Sibling Love & a Sketch

How do you go about choosing what photos to scrap?

Do you scrap month by month and keep up to date?
Do you let the papers choose for you? Deciding what papers go with what photos?

I keep a few little photos in a small dish on my scrappy desk. These are like 'go-to' photos.
I'm finding that right now I'm drawn by the materials that I am using.
It might be that I fancy playing with water colours to make a pretty background or that I have a new mask to use or that some gorgeous papers have just arrived that I want to use straight away.
The little dish of mini photos is then the 'go-to' place for me.

That was the case with this LO here.
I had my lovely new Cocoa Daisy Kit and the monthly sketch challenge that I am hosting at CD this month. I wanted to use the Jillibean Placemats for this layout as they were perfect for this sketch and I found this cute photo that came with an untold story from back in July.
*happy dance*

 
Here is the sketch.
 

See what I mean about those Jillibean Placemats?
These two kids of mine really do make me smile.

 
And here is the story.
 
I'm so pleased that I'm so good with filing my photos. Times like this it really helps. I file everything by year, then month and then day. It's so easy to go back then and find photos along with the dates.
 
 
The wooden veneers that come with this months kit are plain with a little colour added here and there. So I flipped them over and used a Prima Chalk In - Ladybug as I needed some red accents on this page. There was no red within this kit, but as it was the schools colour, I needed to bring it in to the LO. By adding the wooden veneers, the stitching and some Maya Mist - Cherry Metallic, it really did the trick and pulled it all together.
 
 
There are some really cute stamps in the Main Kit this month.
Spot the masking?
I didn't want to go too heavy on the red masking, so I used the Prima Chalk Ink again over the mask rather than a mist. It's a little more subtle and it's easier to control where exactly you are adding your colour.

The Cocoa Daisy Sketch Challenge is running until April 15th. We'd love you to play along.
One lucky winner gets a $10 coupon to spend in the Daisy Boutique

Have a lovely day scrappy friends xxx

 

2 comments:

wendy said...

Lovely LO Lisa. Really like the colours and how you've pulled it all together.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I go back and forth -- sometimes I decide on the papers first and then choose the photos and sometimes I flip it and have the photo first and then choose the papers :) I loveeeeeeee your lo!! LOVING that grid design and love love love love the masking!!!